The purpose of Central and South-East European PhD Network is to promote and facilitate cooperation within the Universities from Central and South-East Europe that offer PhD education in Economics and Business in order to increase the quality of their PhD programmes. The network will enable universities to organize
- common courses in the specific fields of study,
- research seminars,
- exchange PhD students and
- intensify research cooperation
The participating schools will benefit from the network activities, while maintaining the integrity of their accredited PhD programmes within the network.
- Organizing common courses in specific fields of study,
- Organizing research seminars,
- Facilitating PhD student exchanges,
- Strengthening research cooperation,
- Promoting cooperation on doctoral committees,
- Establishing a working paper series,
- Developing a joint academic journal,
- Organizing a competition for the best paper in the region,
- Organizing a summer school for PhD students and
- Helping participating programs create an environment of excellence with a European perspective, while still pursuing diversity.
According to the statute of the Network, universities and faculties from Central and South-East European countries, offering PhD programmes in Economics and Business can apply for full membership in Central and South-East European Network. Criteria for admitting university or faculty into Network are as follows:
- The institution should run Bologna-type of PhD programme(s) in Economics and/or Business, being accredited in the country of Central and South-East Europe.
- The institution should enroll doctoral students every year;
- The institution should have the critical number of academically qualified (AQ) professors (according to AACSB criteria).